Host: International Institute for Trade and Development (ITD), Thailand
Partners: ESCAP, CUTS International
Venue: Escap Conference Room ,Bangkok, Thailand
Timing: 12-13 July, 2018 (2 days)
Type: Policy workshop
- To identify core areas and key thrust areas or sub-themes with an aim to developing initial set of policy frameworks that can advance and broaden current regional integration beyond its conventional scope. This includes championing the 2030 sustainable development goals (social, environment, economic, cultural, food, etc.) and anchoring sustainable investment practices.
- To empower key actors and policy makers involved in various aspect of regional cooperation and integration work through an open exchange of information, insights and best practices.
- An agenda building process to carve out key priorities of common interest and to identify policy gaps:
- Economic Corridors and Sustainable FDI (ESCAP)
- Cross-border trade and Regional Value Chain (ITD)
- Sustainable Development and Human Security (CUTS International)
- Infrastructure Development and regional connectivity (ADB)
- Conducting a short workshop on “Coordinating and Building Regional Integration Agreement” exercise
- Exchanging policy views on current developments of BIMSTEC and other regional groupings i.e. ASEAN model with key experts in the field